You want to showcase your best self when you have professional photos taken. This means putting thought into the details of your look for the day, from the makeup you wear to the shirt you put on. At RTP.Studio, we want to share our top tips for looking your best and feeling confident for your upcoming portrait session.
- Dress professionally- If you are getting business headshots taken, wear your favorite collared shirt or other business attire that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- Wear professional makeup—Do your make-up as you would for a big presentation. Shine and other imperfections can be fixed in Photoshop later, so there’s no need to stress about powdering your nose.
- Don’t worry about skin blemishes—Again, most flaws can be fixed digitally if necessary, so stop worrying about those tiny imperfections and just let your confidence shine!
- Get a trim—Neat, healthy hair can help you look put together in your photos. If you dye your hair, make sure you touch up your roots shortly before you get your photos taken.
- Only wear glasses if you normally wear them—If you normally wear glasses, feel free to wear them to your photo session. If you don’t typically wear glasses, leave them at home.
- Put on your best smile—Before the sessions starts, close your eyes for a few seconds and take some deep breaths to relax your face and the rest of your body. Then open your eyes and think of something that makes you happy to bring out a natural, confident smile.